competence center scientific computing
Welcome at the Competence Center Scientific Computing (CSC) of the Friedrich-Alexander University (FAU) Erlangen-Nuremberg!
The CSC is the Competence Center Scientific Computing within the FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg. The CSC was originally founded out of the cluster of excellence Engineering of Advanced Materials (EAM), the CSC combines the expertise and experience of a range of facilities within the university. With this, the CSC represents a unique interdisciplinary platform for cooperation, which provides the necessary environment for even the most complex research activities in the field of numerical simulation and scientific computing.
Competence Centers have a cross-sectional function and provides expertise and support from basic research to the development of methods and instrumentation for the entire range of research carried out at FAU. Competence Centers are established on a permanent basis and are evaluated on a 7-year cycle.
An overview of all FAU profile, research and competence centers can be found on the FAU Research profile website.
- 08.05.2023: FRASCAL enters its second round!
- 28.04.2023: 9th International Conference on Discrete Element Methods (DEM9) (17/09/2023 – 21/09/2023)
- 28.02.2023: CRC 1411 International Symposium (20/03/2021 – 21/03/2021)
- 21.10.2022: Minisymposium: Lattice Boltzmann Methods for Particulate Flows (10/28/2022)
- 01.09.2022: International Workshop on Optics: Simulation and Optimization (07/10/2022 – 09/10/2022)
- 01.11.2021: NHR@FAU
- 01.08.2021: Intelligent particle measurement technique (iPMT) (2021-2023)
- 11.11.2020: Structural and Material Optimization by DDA and SGP in HPC environment (2020-2021)
- 01.11.2020: Sparse Days 2020 meeting
- 01.10.2020: Funktionsintegrierte Optimierte Neuartige Additive Strukturen (FIONA) (2020-2024)